This Article Includes: Using the Legacy File Manager
The First Step is to log in to your cPanel Control Panel. You should be able to log in at: http://www.Your_Domain.com:2083 (where Your_Domain.com is your actual Domain).
After Logged In, Click on the “Legacy File Manager” Icon Under the “Files” Heading.
The Legacy File Manager offers file manipulation options in an older web-based interface. Users already familiar with an older version of cPanel’s File Manager may find the Legacy File Manager more comfortable.
When an existing file is clicked from the list, a menu in the upper right-hand corner of the window appears, showing the options for file manipulation. (The options are specific to the type of file selected; as a result, not all options will appear for all files.)
The Legacy File Manager
* The Copy function copies selected items to a directory you specify.
* The Show File Contents link displays the file’s contents for viewing only.
* The Move File link allows selected files to be moved to a new directory.
* The Download link downloads selected files to your computer.
* The Delete link places selected files from the server into the trash. From there, you can restore or permanently delete the files.
* The Rename link allows a selected file to be renamed.
* The Edit link opens an editor for the selected files.
* The Code Editor link opens a code editor for the selected files.
* The HTML Editor link opens an editor specifically intended for HTML files.
* The Change Permissions link allows the read/write permissions to be changed for selected files.
* The URL link displays the selected file as it would be seen on the Web.