This Article Includes: Adding and Removing Mime Types.
After Logged in Click on the “MIME Types” Icon Located Under the “Advanced” Heading
MIME types relay information to the browser about how to handle file extensions. Adding MIME types is useful for enabling visitors’ browsers to handle new technologies as they come out. cPanel lets you add new MIME types to your web server by defining a name, directory, and corresponding file extension.
Add a MIME Type
To add a MIME type:
1. Enter the name of the file type’s handler into the Mime Type field.
* For example, application/cgi would be the handler for the .cgi extension.
2. Enter the file extension in the Extension(s) field.
* A file extension is made of the letters following the dot in a file name. For example, filename.fileextension.
3. Click Add.
Delete a User-Defined MIME Type
To delete a MIME type:
1. Click the X icon under the Remove heading.
2. Click Yes to confirm that you wish to remove the MIME type.
Note: You cannot delete system MIME types.
More About MIME Types
A list of MIME types can be found at http://www.webmaster-toolkit.com/mime-types.shtml. You may also want to use your preferred search engine to research the MIME type you would like to add.