This Article Includes: Instructions for Using The MySql Database Remote Access.
Remote MySQL Database Connections
Databases in cPanel can be accessed remotely, by other web servers. This can be useful if you wish to allow applications such as shopping carts or guestbooks on your other servers to access the databases.
After Logged In, Click on the “Remote MySQL” Icon Under the “DataBases” Heading.
Allow a Remote Server to Access Your Databases:
To specify remote servers able to access MySQL databases on your server:
1. Type the host’s name or IP address into the Host field.
* You may enter a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) or an IP address.
* You may use ”’ as a wildcard. For instance, to allow access from all IP addresses beginning with 192.68.0, you can enter 192.68.0.”’.
2. Click Add Host.
Prevent a Remote Server From Accessing Your Databases
To disallow a host from accessing databases on your server:
1. Click the X icon next to the host’s name or IP address.
2. If you are sure you wish to prevent the server from accessing your databases, click Yes.