This Article Includes: Adding a Sub Domain, Enabling & Disabling a Sub Domain, & DNS Requirments for Sub Domains.
The First Step is to login to your cPanel Control Panel. You should be able to login at: http://www.Your_Domain.com:2082 (where Your_Domain.com is your actual Domain).
Add a Subdomain
To create a subdomain: – Click on the “Sub Domains” Icon Under the “Domains” Heading.1. Enter the desired prefix in the Subdomain field.
2. Select the desired main domain from the pull-down menu.
3. Enter the home directory for the subdomain into the Document Root field.* This directory will be where files pertaining to the subdomain will be placed.4. Click Create.
To open the subdomain’s main directory with the File Manager:* Click the link under Document Root that corresponds to the subdomain you would like to view in the File Manager.
Enable or Disable Subdomain RedirectionTo enable or disable redirection of a subdomain:1. Click the Manage Redirection link corresponding to the subdomain you wish to manage. cPanel displays a new screen.
2. If you wish to redirect the subdomain, enter the link you would like to redirect the subdomain to in the available text field.
3. Click Save.
4. To disable the redirect, click Disable Redirection.
Remove a SubdomainTo remove an existing subdomain:
1. Click the Remove link corresponding to the subdomain you would like to remove. cPanel displays a new screen.
2. Confirm that you would like to remove the subdomain by clicking Yes.
3. To keep the subdomain, click No.
Search SubdomainsYou may also search through existing domains:1. Enter the search criteria into the Search field.
2. Click Go.Results matching your search criteria will populate the list.
Sub Domain DNS Requirments
In order for a SubDomain to be available by browser (eg; http://sub.Your_Domain.com) It must have a DNS A-Record pointing it to the server. As we Run Dedicated DNS Servers THIS IS NOT a action that you can do from your Control Panel.
If Your Domain Uses Our Name Servers: Then we manage the DNS Records on your Domain. If you know how to Login to the DNS Manager, or if you Have a VDNS Account you can add an A-Record Pointing the Sub Domain to the same IP Address as your Domain Points to and as www.Your_Domain.com points to. IF YOU ARE UNSURE PLEASE CONTACT OUR SUPPORT DEPARTMENT by emailing [email protected] and simply say: “Point the SubDomain: Sub.Your_Domain.com to the server” (Provide the subdomain you added in the control panel).
If You Manage your DNS Records at Your Domain Registrar or Else Where: add an A-Record Pointing the Sub Domain to the same IP Address as your Domain Points to and as www.Your_Domain.com points to.
Copyright NivaCity © 2021. All Rights Reserved.