Setting Up Outlook Express for Accounts On Mach Servers.
NOTE: If you Access your Control Panel as: http://YourDomain.com/control Then you are on a Mach server and these are the correct instructions.
These instructions assume you have already setup your user/email account in the server control panel.
1. Open Outlook Express. In the Tools tab/menu (top of page), click Accounts. Click Add, and then click Mail to open the Internet Connection Wizard.
2. On the Your Name page of the wizard, type your name as you want it to appear to everyone who gets e-mail from you. Most people use their full name, but you can use any name even a nickname that people will recognize. Then click Next.
3. On the Internet Address page, type your email address (the email address you are setting up) e.g. [email protected] or [email protected], and then click Next.
4. On the E-mail Server Names page, select “My Mail server is a POP 3 Server.”
Incoming Mail = mail.yourdomain.com e.g. mail.example.com
Outgoing Mail = mail.yourdomain.com e.g. mail.example.com
NOTE: Outgoing server DOES NOT Require Authentication. When finished click Next.
5. On the Internet Mail Logon page, type your account name and password.
Account Name = The username you setup in your control panel for this email account.
Password = The password you setup in your control panel for this email account
NOTE: Check the Remember Password box and then click Next
6. Click the Finish button
7. Close the Internet Accounts Window
8. Testing – Click the Send/Receive Button at the top of the page. If you do not get any errors then you have successfully connected to the mail server. You can also send a test email and after received a reply to it. NOTE: On Windows XP and Vista, you can send an email to yourself. If you do get an error when sending or receiving emails. Click on the Tools tab/menu (top of page), click Accounts. Highlight the account you just set up and then click on the Properties button on the right, and double-check all settings. NOTE: Outgoing server DOES NOT Require Authentication.
Copyright NivaCity © 2021. All Rights Reserved.