This Article Includes: Using the Index Manager Feature.
After Logged in Click on the “Index Manager” Icon Located Under the “Advanced” Heading
When accessing a directory (rather than a page) on your site, a visitor will typically see the index page for that directory. If no index page exists, the browser will display a list (or index) of the files in that directory.
Using the Index Manager, it is possible to define how a specific directory index will appear to those who access it. You can also turn off indexing if you don’t want a directory’s contents to be visible.
1. Select the directory in which you wish to begin navigating your website’s contents using the pop-up window.
2. To navigate the Index Manager, click the folder icon next to the directory name.
3. Click the name of the directory for which you want to change the indexing style.
4. cPanel offers 4 options; select 1 of the following:
* Standard Indexing: Contents appear only as filenames.
* Fancy Indexing: Information about the files, such as the size and time last modified, appear.
* Default System Setting: The default defined by your web host will be used.
* No Indexing: The contents of the directory are not listed; visitors will see a message stating that the contents are *forbidden.*
5. Click Save.